Tuesday 3 January 2012

Further Double Page Spread Research


Looking more closely at design styles of double page spreads has given me some further ideas to ways in which I could lay out my text. Here, the interview with Nicki Minaj has been laid out in a more abstract way with the writing surrounding the picture instead of just being placed next to it.
In particular the way the writing curves around next to her neck is a clever way of using layout, and I'll take inspiration from this in my own work. In a similar way to the photo of Florence with bright red hair relating to the red of the material in the photo, the pink background of these pages, the darker shade of pink for the artist's name and her pink lipstick all tie in together and draw the reader's attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment