Tuesday 3 January 2012

Possible Titles for my Music Magazine

  • Defiance (Defiance Magazine)
I like this title because I think it sums up the genre of music I want to represent with my music magazine. Defiance suggests an idea of going against the crowd, which many people like to think they do when selecting which music they choose to listen to. I want my target audience to be people who don't necessarily just listen to mainstream chart music, but also like to look outside the box and find more undiscovered, alternative music that fewer people have perhaps heard about.
  • These Beats
I like this title, but I also think it sounds slightly like more of a band name than a magazine title. It's also not very specific in connoting an idea towards genre of music or theme to my magazine, so I don't think I'll select this one for my own publication.
  • Listen
This title helps make it clear that it is in fact a music magazine to the reader, but again doesn't give any vague hint to what genre the music might be.
  • Tuning Magazine
With this title I don't think it sounds catchy enough to attract the right type of reader. It would perhaps be suited to a magazine aimed at an older audience, whereas my target audience will be ages ranging from 16-25 so it may not be appropriate.


Existing Magazine Titles - Analysis

  • Billboard Magazine -
"Billboard" connotes an idea of wide spread news and information put across into the public eye. This suggests that Billboard Magazine wants to target a wide range of audience who perhaps listen to a wide range of music genres that come under the 'mainstream' category.
  • Q Magazine -
By not giving much away in the title, it suggests that the magazine is so well known that a single letter alone is enough for their audience.
  • Kerrang! -
By including an exclamation mark in the title, Kerrang! Magazine suggests that the music genre it covers is exciting and loud. (In this case, rock music)

No comments:

Post a Comment